We are very excited to bring this news to you, as it's been in the works for months: We are, here and now, announcing our 2017 workshop season! And not only are we announcing new workshops, we are also announcing an entire new series of them.
As we dreamed our way into 2017, we all agreed that our vision for National Parks at Night was evolving with our passionate family of attendees, and we all felt we were ready to offer some new opportunities. So we will forthwith offer two sets of workshops: our Passport Series and our Adventure Series.
Our Passport Series workshops are what our lucky first-year attendees have enjoyed so far: a deep dive into the night skies of a national park, plus location scouting tutorials, lectures and image critiques. Plus a whole lot of camaraderie!
Here are the 2017 Passport Series Workshops:
- April 30-May 5, 2017: Joshua Tree National Park, California
- May 7-12, 2017: Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio
- Aug 10-14, 2017: Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
- Sep 17-22, 2017: Olympic National Park, Washington
- TBA 2017: A Pretty Unique National Park (details being finalized)
Entirely new for this year will be our Adventure Series Workshops, which are forays into national monuments, private lands near national parks, and more to be announced! These workshops will generally be shorter in duration than our Passport Series, and we will spend less time in the classroom and more time in the field having adventures!
We will be announcing the complete Adventure Series this fall (including one in a [hint, hint] very new National Park Service unit). But to whet your appetite, we are making two early announcements for workshops you can register for now.
2017 Adventure Series Workshops:
- June 21-25, 2017: Natural Bridges National Monument, Utah
- Aug 17-22, 2017: Centennial Valley, J Bar L Ranch & 2017 Solar Eclipse Workshop
Here is a sample of the places you can go with us in 2017:
We are very eager to see you in the dark in 2017! Don't miss your chance to join us—register today!